The Mega Ray Mercury Vapor Bulb is a reptile lamp that has low wattage which allows the light to emit more heat. These lamps are known to work best when they are used in conjunction with an infrared basking spot. The mercury vapor bulb offers a 10% UVB effect that can be beneficial for your reptile. However, these bulbs need to be replaced every six months because of the harmful rays they emit.
The low wattage infrared reptile lamp provides an orange glow which simulates a hot day in the desert where your pet’s ancestors lived in before they were captured and sold as pets. The structure of these bulbs make it difficult for them to be broken. They also have a long lifespan, lasting up to 10,000 hours. Due to the high intensity of these lamps, it is important that they only be used when your reptile is out of its enclosure and under supervision.
When using a mercury vapor bulb in conjunction with an infrared basking spot, it is important to make sure that the surface temperature of the spot does not exceed 105 degrees Fahrenheit. If it does, you can use a lower wattage bulb or move your pet to a cooler area.
Reptiles need UVB for proper calcium metabolism which helps keep their bones healthy. The Mega Ray Mercury Vapor Bulb offers a 10% UVB effect that can help meet your reptile’s needs.
If you are looking for a high quality, low wattage reptile lamp, the Mega Ray Mercury Vapor Bulb is a great option. These lamps offer a wide range of benefits and they come in different sizes, making them a great choice for any reptile owner.
For more information on the Mega Ray Mercury Vapor Bulb, visit our website today!